Looking to order pecans? Buy Texas in shell pecans!
Our world famous San Saba, Texas Inshell Pecans are naturally ripened on the trees and harvested at the peak of freshness. There are a lot of companies selling grade 2 unshelled pecans that were harvested several years ago, but our pecans are harvested this season providing you with Fresh, Grade 1 Pecans. There is a reason San Saba, TX is known throughout North America as "The Pecan Capital of the World" and a lot of that has to do with five generations of the Millican family!
Texas Pecans for sale! - Raw Pecan Nuts In Shell
Our soft-shell Texas pecan nuts are in the shell and are ready to be shelled. After your fresh pecans are shelled, the pecan halves and pecan pieces will be ready for your pecan pie recipe or roasted pecan recipes. Buy your Texas pecans fresh from the Millican Pecan family, a 5-generation Texas pecan company... probably the oldest pecan company in Texas... since 1888!
Did you know raw pecans are America's only major native tree nut? We have bulk unshelled pecans for sale in larger quantities, too! The pecan varieties that we sell typically yield over 50% nut meat. One pound of fresh pecans in shell will yield about 2 cups of pecan meat. These pecans store well in the freezer in an airtight container. Buy our orchard fresh in shell pecans today!!!
Order pecans from America's Pecan Orchard - Our Orchard is World Famous!
Our family has been supplying pecans to satisfied customers for over a century. Join the ranks of Queen Victoria, Alfred Lord Tennyson, and C.W. Post. In fact, did you know the Post cereal, Grape Nuts, derives its name from a cluster of pecans from our orchard? Our great-great grandfather introduced Post founder, C.W. Post, to an unusual cluster of pecans at the Chicago World's Fair in 1893. (see pic below)
Although Grape Nuts are not made with grapes or nuts, it does have a nutty flavor and when Post saw the huge cluster of 75 pecans, he noted that it sure looked similar to a cluster of grapes... and the rest is history!
Often misspelled as Peacans & pronounced "Pea-Cans"
Buy Texas pecans regardless of how you spell it or your pecan pronounciation! We have San Saba pecans for sale either way!
Pecans are nutritious with many health benefits - Pecan Health Tips
The American Pecan Council has announced its new slogan, "The Original Supernut™" as approved by the USDA. Pecans are a top source of antioxidants and are packed with vitamin A (for skin), folic acid, calcium (for bones), iron, phosphorus, serveral B vitamins, and vitamin E (help protect against cancer). They contain more Vitamin E than any other nut. They also contain magnesium to promote bone health and contain phytosterols that may help reduce cholesterol. Pecans are a good source of mono and polyunsaturated fats. Pecan nuts are high in fiber, gluten free, cholesterol free, and sodium free. Fresh pecans also contain copper, zinc, and choline which help brain function. ...And pecans contain high amounts of Omega-3 fatty acids. No wonder Dr. Oz has referred to pecans as "brain super food".
How to Shell Pecans
- Choose a good pecan nutcracker. May we suggest the Texan Nut Sheller? We have found this to be one of the best pecan nut cracking tools on the market and believe us, we have tried them all! Once you have cracked your pecans, you may also want to try the Goodie Getter as this is a great tool that is part knife, part pecan pick and is great at saving your fingers in an effort to shell the pecan halves. These pecan nut crackers save your hands and help you shell or crack pecans without breaking apart any of the pecan nut meat. An simple alternative is to do what we do in the orchard... just put two pecan nuts in your hand and squeeze them together in order to crack them. This works great for cracking a couple of them but not recommended for the long haul.
- Try boiling pecans for 10-12 minutes in a large pot. There are mixed reviews on whether this technique is beneficial. Either way, be sure to let the pecans cool before you begin cracking the pecans.
- Save the shells. Shelling pecans can be messy but if you save the shells you might want to try using them to help flavor your next bar-b-que.
Pecans are "The Original SuperNut™" (American Pecan Council) and here is why...
Pecans are a good source of:
- Antioxidants: Detoxify the body, strengthening immune system, increase heart health, lower risk of cancer
- Calcium: Increase bone health, support a healthy heart and muscles
- Choline: Help brain function, maintain cell membranes, transmit nerve impulses, process fat
- Copper: Help brain function, heart health, bone, nerve & immune system, energy production
- Fiber: Promote colon health
- Iron: Better your hemoglobin; oxygen carrying red blood cells
- Magnesium: Increase bone health
- Mono & Polyunsaturated Fats: Possibly reduce heart disease & type 2 diabetes
- Oelic Acid: Possibly reduce the risk of breast cancer and reduce inflammation
- Omega-3 fatty acids: Fight depression & anxiety, improve eye health & brain health, reduce risk of heart disease
- Phosphorus: Build strong bones/teeth, help kidney function, grow & repair cells, produce DNA
- Phytosterols: Reduce cholesterol and play a key role in cell membrane function
- Vitamin A: Preserve eye sight, lower risk of cancer, build immune system, reduce acne, support bone health
- Vitamin B1: Prevent complications in numerous body functions including the brain, heart, and stomach
- Vitamin B2 (Riboflavin): Help the body break down carbs, proteins, and fats
- Vitamin B3 (Niacin): Help lower cholesterol and ease arthritis while boosting brain function
- Vitamin B5 (Pantothenic Acid): Help the body convert food to energy
- Vitamin B6: Possibly strengthening immune system and nerve health; linked to white blood cells
- Vitamin B9 (Folate): Help with tissue growth and cell function
- Vitamin E: Have anti-aging benefits, increase skin health, prevent coronary heart disease, prevent infammation
- Zinc: Helping brain function, increase immune system, proper thyroid function
Select the desired "Package/Size/Price" above to see all packaging options.
#Pecan #Pecans #BuyPecans #PecanForSale #OrderPecans #InshellPecans #PecanNuts #PecanNut #MillicanPecan