Silken Chocolate Pecan Tart
The decadent chocolate with the ginger cookie crumb and pecan meal pairs perfectly with the pecan vodka and heavy cream in this chocolate pecan tart.
- 1/2 cup pecan meal
- 1/4 cup pecan vodka
- 1 1/2 cup chocolate cookie crumb
- 1 1/2 cup ginger cookie crumb
- 3/4 cup brown sugar, dark
- 4 ounces butter, unsalted, melted
- 1 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 1/2 cup whole milk
- 3 cup semi-sweet chocolate
- 1 whole egg
- Place all cookie crumbs, brown sugar, and pecan meal in a bowl and combine well.
- Add melted butter and mix well.
- Press crumb into a greased baking dish (9×13).
- Bake for 10 minutes at 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Remove and cool and set aside.
- In a small pot, scald heavy cream and milk.
- Pour over semi-sweet chocolate (chopped chocolate or chips) and let sit for 3 minutes.
- Using a rubber spatula, combine the dairy and chocolate.
- Add one beaten egg and stir quickly to incorporate.
- Add pecan vodka to chocolate mixture and combine well.
- Pour over cooled cookie crust and bake 325 degrees Fahrenheit. for 25 to 30 minutes or until there is no ‘jiggle’ in the center.
- Remove from oven and cool completely. Cover with plastic wrap.
- Place in refrigerator and chill 24 hours.
- Remove from cooler and cut into desired size.