Inflammation can occur when our bodies react to an infection or injury by signaling our immune system’s response. Redness, heat, swelling, and pain are all possible signs of inflammation. Since inflammation is common among humans, it is important to know foods that we can eat to prevent or treat inflammation.
Are Pecans an Anti-Inflammatory Food
Nuts are considered anti-inflammatory foods because of the nutrients they contain. Nuts such as pecans, almonds, and hazelnuts are rich in Vitamin E – an antioxidant with anti-inflammatory properties. According to the Arthritis Foundation, nuts also contain alpha linoleic acid (ALA) – a anti-inflammatory omega 3 fatty acid (https://www.arthritis.org/health-wellness/healthy-living/nutrition/healthy-eating/best-nuts-and-seeds-for-arthritis).
These nutrient-dense foods are a great choice of snacks as they are packed with protein and healthy fats. Nuts can also be added to salads, stir fries, made into pies or eaten raw. There are countless recipes for nuts online, but I would like to share with you a simple savory pecan dish recipe:
Charred Sesame Pecan Green Beans
- 1 tablespoon plus 1 teaspoon soy sauce
- 2 teaspoons toasted sesame oil
- 2 teaspoons pure maple syrup
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil (or any high-heat oil you like)
- 12 ounces trimmed fresh green beans
- 1/2 cup Millican pecans, chopped
- In a small bowl, stir the soy sauce, sesame oil, and maple syrup.
- In a large microwave-safe bowl, combine the fresh green beans and ¼ cup of water. Cover with plastic wrap and microwave until the beans are just tender, about 5 minutes. Drain and pat them dry with a paper towel.
- In a large skillet, heat the vegetable oil over medium-high heat until very hot (a drop of water should sizzle when it hits the pan). Add the green beans and cook, without stirring, until charred on one side, about 3 minutes. Stir and continue cooking until beans are charred all over, about 3 more minutes. Remove the skillet from heat and add the sauce mixture and pecans, tossing repeatedly to coat.
This recipe is a quick and easy way you can integrate these high protein and nutrients food into your diet. An alternative way would be to head to https://millicanpecan.com and choose from a wide variety of our pecan products!
Buy pecans for sale