Pecan Vs. WalnutPecan Nutrition
In terms of the origin of these two famous nuts, the pecan nut is from the pecan tree, which is native to Texas and southern parts of the USA. On the other hand, walnuts are from walnut trees, which originated in Europe and Asia.
The name of the native “Pecan” is gotten from the Algonquian language, which refers to nuts that are required to be cracked open using a stone. Newer improved papershell varieties have a much thinner shell than original native pecans As for the walnut, it is a Juglans genus and also considered to be a drupe. Also, the walnut has two species, which are the black walnut and English walnut.
Meet KristenHi! My name is Kristen Millican and I am so glad you have stopped by! Our family has been harvesting and selling pecans since 1888. I love sharing various pecan recipes, stories about life on our pecan farm, and so much more!
- Pecans for All Occasions
- Signature Pecan Products
- Pecan Gift Baskets and Tins
- Millican Pecan Country Store
- Pecan Pies from Millican Pecan
- Pecan Treats from Millican Pecan
- Shop For Bulk Wholesale Pecans from Millican Pecan
- Special Gifts for Mother's Day
- Why I am Inspired to be a Pecan Grower
- How Do You Celebrate National Pi Day?
- NUTS About You!
- Grid View of Pecan Products
- Earn Funds for Your School, Group or Troop with a Pecan Fundraiser
- The Millican Pecan Family
- Getting to Know Winston Millican