Pecan Vs. WalnutPecan Nutrition
In terms of the origin of these two famous nuts, the pecan nut is from the pecan tree, which is native to Texas and southern parts of the USA. On the other hand, walnuts are from walnut trees, which originated in Europe and Asia.
The name of the native “Pecan” is gotten from the Algonquian language, which refers to nuts that are required to be cracked open using a stone. Newer improved papershell varieties have a much thinner shell than original native pecans As for the walnut, it is a Juglans genus and also considered to be a drupe. Also, the walnut has two species, which are the black walnut and English walnut.
Meet the AuthorHi! My name is Kristen Millican and I am so glad you have stopped by! Our family has been harvesting and selling pecans since 1888. I love sharing my favorite recipes, stories about life on our pecan farm and so much more!
- Nearsighted Americans-Food for Thought
- The Rich History of the San Saba Pecan
- Why I am Inspired to be a Pecan Grower
- Earn Funds for Your School, Group or Troop with a Pecan Fundraiser!
- The Millican Pecan Family
- Getting to Know Winston Millican
- Exploring with a Pecan Business
- Meal Planning Made Easy
- Innovative Take with Pecan Fundraising
- When to Substitute Ingredients
- How to Organize Kids School Stuff
- Good Health on Good Friday
- Encouraging Words for Kids
- Join the Century Tree Project
- One Eye Wide Open and the Other One...