Buffalo-Pecan Pimiento Cheese Dip
The only thing better than a delicious pimiento cheese dip for game day? Pimento cheese dip with hot sauce and the buttery crunch of pecans. Whip it up in 15 minutes and add it to your tailgating line up – whether you’re on the couch, or at the stadium!
- 1 cup raw pecan halves
- 1/2 pound (or 2 cups) sharp cheddar cheese, freshly grated
- 4 ounce jar sliced pimientos
- 2 tablespoons red hot sauce (like Franks RedHot Original Sauce)
- 2 tablespoons mayo
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon fresh cracked pepper
- 1 tablespoon chives, chopped
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Spread pecans on a baking sheet and roast for 8 to 10 minutes, or until golden brown and fragrant, tossing once halfway through the cooking time. Remove from oven and set aside to let cool completely. Loosely chop the cooled pecans.
- In a bowl, combine the cheddar cheese and pimientos with all the juice in the jar, Franks RedHot sauce, mayo, salt and pepper. Stir until combined. Then, add 3/4 of the chopped pecans, reserving the rest for topping, and mix until combined.
- Place the dip in a serving bowl and top with the remaining chopped pecans and freshly chopped chives.
- Serve with fresh cut veggies and crackers for dipping. Makes 30 servings (two tablespoons per serving).