Chunky Chocolate Chip Pecan Breakfast Cookies
Who says you can’t have cookies for breakfast? These naturally sweet breakfast cookies with pecans, bananas, honey and oats make for a grab-and-go snack kids will love, and parents can feel good about serving.
- 1/2 cup raw pecan pieces
- 3/4 cups very ripe mashed banana about 2 medium
- 1 3/4 cups old-fashioned rolled oats
- 1/4 cup semi sweet or dark chocolate chips
- 3 tablespoons honey
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Combine all ingredients in a large bowl until thoroughly mixed. (Note that the mixture will appear slightly crumbly.)
- Evenly scoop cookie dough onto a parchment paper lined baking sheet using hands to shape if necessary. Press down with the bottom of a glass to flatten, if desired.
- Bake at 350 degrees F. for 12 to 14 minutes or until cookies are golden brown. Remove from the oven and allow to cook on the baking sheet for 5 minutes.
- Transfer to a wire rack to cool completely.
- Freezer instructions: Once cookies have cooled completely, store them in the freezer in an airtight container for up to 3 months.
- Reheating instructions: Wrap cookie in a paper towel and reheat in the microwave for 15 seconds. Repeat by 10 second intervals if not warm all the way through.
- For a cakier cookie: Add one egg to the mixture for a cookie that has a more cake-like texture.