Mini Pecan Crusts
Make your pie crusts more nutritious by adding pecans – and with just 3 ingredients, they come together in under 30 minutes! Use this recipe as the base for the Lemon Berry Tarts or other filling of your choice for a delectable dessert.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Line a mini muffin tin with paper liners or spray with non-stick spray.
- Add pecans, butter, and sugar to a food processor. Blend until mixture comes together to form a coarse dough.
- Scoop about 2 teaspoons of the pecan mixture in each muffin tin. Use the back of a wooden spoon or your fingers to press mixture evenly along the bottom and up the sides of each muffin cup.
- Bake for 12 minutes or until crusts are golden brown. Allow crusts to cool completely before removing them from pan.
- Fill crusts with favorite filling (see recipe notes) and enjoy. Makes 24 crusts.
- Recipe for Lemon Berry Tarts can be found here
- If using non-stick spray, pop the baked crusts in pan in the freezer for about 10 minutes. This will help them pop out of the pan easier.
- Crusts can be delicate, so handle carefully.