Pecan Apricot Brown Sugar Cookie
Apricot, cinnamon, pecans and brown sugar combine to provide a rich depth of flavor to these non-traditional sugar cookies.
- 2 1/3 cups medium pecan pieces
- 1/2 pound (2 sticks) unsalted butter, softened
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1 1/2 cups white sugar
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/2 tablespoons honey
- 1 3/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 large eggs
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 3/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 cup dried apricots, diced
- Mix the butter, brown sugar, white sugar, salt, honey and vanilla extract together until combined in a mixer with paddle attachment for 1 to 2 minutes.
- Add eggs to mixture and mix additional 30 seconds; scrape down sides of bowl. Mix 10 seconds.
- Add dry ingredients, apricots, and pecans to mixture; mix for 1 minute until combined.
- Store dough overnight in refrigerator in an airtight container.
- Scoop desired size and bake 350 degrees Fahrenheit for 10 to 12 minutes or until golden brown.
- Pull from oven and let cool 10 minutes.