Pecan Brussels Sprouts Salad
Nutritious pecans are tossed with shredded Brussels sprouts, pomegranate seeds and apples for a light, colorful salad. Served alongside a simple mustard dressing, this crisp, fresh salad is perfect for the holidays but can be enjoyed all year long.
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- 1/3 cup white wine vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 2 tablespoons coarse grain mustard
- 1 1/2 pounds fresh Brussels Sprouts, shaved (see notes)
- 1 cup fresh pecan halves
- 1 apple, thinly sliced
- 1 cup pomegranate seeds (see notes)
- In a mason jar with a lid, combine olive oil, white wine vinegar, garlic powder, pepper, salt, and mustard. Shake well until combined. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, toss together Brussels sprouts, pecan halves, apple slices and pomegranate seeds. Drizzle dressing over the top. Toss again to evenly coat the salad. Serve immediately.
- To shave your Brussels sprouts, start by rinsing them and trimming off the root end. Use a food processor with a slicing disk to quickly shave all of your Brussels sprouts. Brussels sprouts can be thinly sliced with a chef’s knife instead of using a food processor.
- Some stores carry fresh, pre-shaved Brussels sprouts and those can be used in this recipe.
- If using frozen pomegranate seeds, allow to thaw at room temperature for about 30 minutes before adding to the salad.
- This salad and dressing can be made ahead of time. Simply keep salad and dressing separate and dress right before serving.