Pecan Crusted Air Fryer Pork Chops
Crispy on the outside, juicy and tender on the inside, this gluten-free alternative to traditional pork chops will be a family favorite. By using pecans place of breadcrumbs and an air fryer in place of traditional frying, you have a more nutritious alternative to fried pork chops without sacrificing flavor.
- 1 cup pecan pieces
- 1/3 cup arrowroot or corn starch
- 2 teaspoons Italian seasoning
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon sea salt, plus more to taste
- 1 large egg
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard, plus more for serving
- 1 tablespoon water
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 6 medium sized boneless pork chops (trimmed of any fat)
- Preheat the air fryer to 400 degrees F.
- In a medium sized bowl, mix together pecans, arrowroot starch, Italian seasoning, onion powder, garlic powder and sea salt.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together egg, Dijon mustard, water, and garlic.
- To make the pork chops*: first cover the pork chops in the egg mixture, then transfer to the bowl with the pecan mixture to coat all sides. Repeat with remaining pork chops. Place 3 pork chops in the air fryer basket.
- Cook pork chops for 6 minutes, flip, then cook for an additional 6 minutes. Set aside on a plate.
- Repeat with remaining pork chops.
- Serve hot with extra Dijon mustard (if using).