Pecan-Crusted Pork Tenderloin
Smother lean pork tenderloin with nutritious pecan pieces for an easy elegant entrée.
- 1 pork tenderloin (about 1 1/2 pounds)
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 1/2 cup brown sugar, divided
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce, divided
- 2 teaspoons minced garlic
- 1/2 cup pecan pieces
- 1/4 cup pineapple juice
- 2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. and lightly grease a large baking dish. Season pork tenderloin with salt and pepper to taste and set aside.
- In a small bowl, stir together 1/4 cup brown sugar, 1 tablespoon soy sauce, and minced garlic. Spread mixture over the top of the pork.
- Press chopped pecans onto the brown sugar mixture on the pork. Bake uncovered in preheated oven for 20 minutes.
- While pork is cooking, prepare the sauce: In a medium sauce pan over medium-high heat, combine remaining 1/4 cup brown sugar, 1 tablespoon soy sauce, pineapple juice, and Dijon mustard. Bring mixture to a boil, reduce to a simmer for 3 to 5 minutes, then remove from heat.
- Slice pork, spoon sauce over the top, and serve. Serves 6.