Create holiday décor using the season’s must-have nut: pecans! Simply use in-shell pecans, ribbons and a wreath form for a fun DIY project. Place the wreath around a candle to dress up your dinner table, or hang it on the wall for a new festive hallway favorite!
- 1 1/4 to 1 1/2 pounds in-shell pecans depending on size
- Hot glue gun
- 12 inch foam wreath form
- Wide beige ribbon
- Hot glue one end of the ribbon to the foam wreath form and begin wrapping. The ribbon wrapping will help the wreath form blend in with the pecans and the hot glue adheres better to the ribbon than it will to the foam.
- Continue wrapping until entire wreath form is completely covered, and use hot glue to hold the end of the ribbon in place.
- Place the wrapped foam wreath on a flat surface and place a dollop of hot glue directly onto the in-shell pecan, then immediately place the in-shell pecan onto the wrapped wreath form.
- Continue doing this until the entire wreath form is covered. (Note: No need to cover the back of the foam wreath form, since this portion will be hidden once on display. Put a candle in the middle for a table centerpiece – or use a ribbon to hang it on your wall!) Makes a 12 inch wreath.