Pumpkin Pecan Cheesecake
As seen on RFD-TV’s Chasing Down Madison Brown
- For the pie crust:
- 1 stick salted butter, melted
- 1 cup graham crackers, crushed
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 cup pecan meal
- For the filling:
- 3 8-ounce packages cream cheese, at room temperature
- 1 15-ounce can pumpkin puree
- 1/2 teaspoon ginger
- 1/4 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1/4 teaspoon cloves
- 1 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 4 eggs
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- For the topping:
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 large container sour cream (16 oz.)
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 cups cinnamon pecans, chopped
- To make the crust: In a large bowl mix together graham crackers, cinnamon, sugar and pecan meal.
- Add butter and blend well.
- Pour into a springform pan and press flat to the bottom and sides evenly.
- To make the filling: Mix the cream cheese until smooth. Add pumpkin puree, ginger, nutmeg, cloves, and cinnamon.
- Mix for a few minutes then add eggs, sugar, and vanilla. Blend for two more minutes.
- Pour mixture into the springform pan and bake at 325 degrees for 1 hour 15 min in a water bath.
- Take out of the oven and let cool.
- To make the topping: Mix topping ingredients, and pour evenly over the top of the cheesecake and bake for another 5 minutes.
- Take out of the oven and adorn with 2 cups of chopped cinnamon pecans
- Chill in the refrigerator overnight.
- Serve to happy guests!