Cauliflower Pecan Poppers
Eating vegetables has never been more fun. Swap the typical white flour breading for a superfood breading made with pecans for a power-packed side dish or snack.
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees F.
- In a food processor, pulse pecans into a flour-like consistency (careful not to turn into butter).
- In a large bowl, mix together pecan “flour,” brown rice flour, 1/4 teaspoon salt, paprika, garlic powder, and black pepper. Add water and mix into a batter-consistency.
- Add cauliflower florets to bowl and toss to coat until all of the batter is used.
- Place on parchment-lined baking sheet and sprinkle with remaining 1/2 teaspoon of salt.
- Bake for 15 minutes, remove from oven and flip florets, and bake an additional 10 minutes, until golden.
- Serve as is or with a side of hot sauce, marinara, or ranch. Makes 6 cups of pecan poppers.
*Recipe note: This pecan breading works for cauliflower, but also works for chicken, fish or other veggies.