Pecan Chicken Salad in a Jar
Meal prep this pecan salad so you have a nutritious lunch ready all week! Wholesome ingredients coming with a pecan vinaigrette that’s packaged up in a glass jar for an easy and portable lunch!
- Pecan Vinaigrette
- 1/3 cup olive oil or pecan oil
- 1/4 cup apple cider vinegar
- 3 tablespoons pecan pieces
- 2 tablespoons coarse grain mustard
- 1 tablespoon diced shallots
- 1 tablespoon chives, chopped
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Pecan Salad in a Jar
- 4 small or 2 large celery stalks, sliced
- 1 cup chickpeas
- 1 cup cooked chicken, chopped*
- 1/2 cup dried cherries
- 1/2 cup pomegranate seeds
- 1/4 cup Parmesan cheese
- 1/2 cup pecan halves
- 1/2 cup parsley leaves
- 3 cups baby kale
- In a liquid measuring cup or small bowl, whisk together Pecan Vinaigrette ingredients. Divide vinaigrette evenly between 2 quart size jars (for large, main course sized salads) OR 4 pint size jars (for side dish sized salads).
- Divide the remaining salad ingredients evenly among the jars in the order listed. Secure lids and refrigerate until ready to eat or up to 4 days.
- To serve, pour salad jars into a bowl and toss lightly to combine dressing with salad. Enjoy! Serves 8.
Recipe notes: You can use rotisserie chicken to make prep even easier