Roasted Curried Cauliflower with Pecans and Golden Raisins
A few easy additions elevate simple roasted cauliflower from good to great—a sprinkle of curry powder adds depth of flavor and incredible golden color, plump raisins contribute a burst of sweetness, and toasted pecans supply a buttery crunch to every bite.
- 1 large head of cauliflower (about 2 1/2 pounds) cut into 1 1/2 inch florettes
- 3 tablespoons olive oil or pecan oil
- 3/4 teaspoon yellow curry powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt, plus more to taste
- 1/8 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1/2 cup raw pecan pieces
- 1/3 cup golden raisins, soaked in hot water for 10 minutes to re-hydrate, then drained
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F. Place the cauliflower into a 9 x 11 baking dish. Drizzle with the olive oil and sprinkle with the curry powder, salt and pepper and toss to combine. Cover the dish with foil and cook for 10 minutes. Remove the cover and cook, stirring once or twice, until the cauliflower is tender and nicely browned, 35 to 40 minutes more.
- Meanwhile, place the pecans on a baking sheet and place in the oven until fragrant and toasted, about 4 minutes.
- When the cauliflower is done, add the in the pecans and raisins and toss. Season with additional salt to taste. Makes 5 cups.