Pecan and Peach Yogurt Muffins
Sweet peach meets buttery pecan in these muffins that are perfect for a wholesome snack or breakfast.
- 2 tablespoons pecan pieces
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons aluminum-free baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 cup coconut sugar or granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 2 large eggs
- 1/4 cup avocado oil
- 1 cup plain lowfat Greek yogurt
- 1/2 cup lowfat milk
- 2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
- 1 cup (about 2 medium) fresh peaches, chopped
- For the streusel topping:
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- Pinch of salt
- 2 tablespoons packed dark brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons salted butter, melted
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees. Lightly grease a 12-cup muffin tin or line it with paper muffin cups or parchment paper.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt, sugar and cinnamon.
- In another bowl, beat the eggs lightly. Add the butter, yogurt, milk and vanilla. Whisk until combined.
- Add the egg mixture to the flour mixture along with the chopped peaches and pecans. Fold the ingredients together just until combined. Do not overmix.
- To make the streusel, combine the flour, cinnamon, salt, brown sugar and pecans in a small bowl. Add the melted butter and mix to form small clumps.
- Spoon the batter into the prepared tins. Divide the streusel topping evenly over the muffins.
- Bake for 20 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean. Allow to cool on a wire rack.